The power of mentoring is becoming increasingly recognised in modern business. Studies show that 75% of C-suite executives credit their success to being mentored. And 70% of mentored companies survive beyond five years, compared with only 50% of those who aren’t mentored. Other studies show that employees who receive mentoring are promoted five times more often than those who do not – five times!
Gareth has been mentoring Tanya Nicol, founder of TravTech start-up TrippTee, for over 12 months now. They have formed a strong mentoring partnership, which gave Tanya the confidence to pivot her business idea and led to Gareth being named a finalist for ‘Mentor of the Year 2019’ at the National Mentoring Awards.
Have a listen to Tanya and Gareth talk about their experience in this Podcast produced by TechManchester, the programme that facilitated their mentoring arrangement,
In this episode they discuss:
– The power of mentoring
– Why they entered into a mentor programme
– The first meeting and how they established a working relationship
– How the process enabled Tanya to pivot her business
– Being open to learning – what both the mentee and mentor can gain
– How the relationship has evolved over twelve months